Monday, February 6, 2017

What's Your Passion In Life - Quiz

"You are the scholar, with a sharp mind that’s always coming up with new ideas. You are driven by curiosity and a search for the truth, often preferring to connect with people’s minds than their emotions. You would make a fantastic researcher or teacher, as you are good at explaining and interpreting. Your work must include mental stimulation - you’re at your best when you’re thinking hard. "
http://www.goodnet.org/articles/how-to-find-your-passion-in-life-quiz?pb_traffic_source=copy


The only part of this result that I can actually agree with is the fact that I am always coming up with new ideas and that I know that I'm driven by curiosity and a search for the truth. However, I do not agree with anything else. As a filmmaker and photographer, I always aim to stimulate people's emotions with my work because that's how people become influenced by an idea. I would definitely not make a fantastic researcher or teacher because I dislike reading. I can read for a while but if there are no graphics to associate the text, I easily become disinterested. I'm terrible at explaining and effectively communicating what I mean. I can see ideas, words and concepts in my head but when it comes to communicating these with others, I have a very difficult time. I realize I'm more of a visual person. As far as mental stimulation, I enjoy conversations, films, photos, graphics and ideas that are thought provoking because it allows me to think a little bit harder and explore a little bit more. However, I don't think that's when I'm at my best. I know I'm at my best when a project that I have been producing for months finally comes together and can be shown and shared with others.


My passion in life is filmmaking and photography because it's the one creative outlet I know I'm able to use to express my ideas. It's easy for me to communicate with others when I'm able to show them a visual piece that represents my thoughts and ideas. Fortunately enough, I have the privilege of living out my dreams as a reality. All the work and schooling that I do directly aligns with my passion, so it never feels like I'm working. In this digital age where information is shared in an instant and social media is the core of our careers and success, sharing informative, accurate and influential visual pieces becomes important. That's how I intend to connect with my online course community and with others on social media. I want to be able to influence change and make an impact, no matter how big or small it is. If I can make someone's day better and put a smile on their face, then I've accomplished my mission. If I can influence others to take action and make a difference in their environment, then I've accomplished my mission. I'm tired of seeing pretty pictures that just is or videos that have no substance or meaning behind them. I want to create work that can evoke emotions and pull at the heart strings of my viewers.

1 Comments:

At February 6, 2017 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Shaneika,
Nice read thanks! will you do filmmaking and photography to pull on hearts for your social media campaign? Look forward to seeing your Instagram pics!
Thanks,

Greg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home